About Me

My photo
I have many roles in this life I live. I am the wife of an incredible man, Daniel. He is more than I could have ever asked for in a husband. We have been married for 7 years this winter! I am Mommy to two little boys. Clay and Max AKA Bubba and little bear! Clay is in kindergarten. He is my tender hearted child who will laugh with you and cry with you. Max on the other hand is our strong willed child. He demands things his way. He has been a fighter since he was born. He has a rare condition called Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome. He stops breathing when he falls asleep. He has a trach and is put on a vent at nap time and night time. I am a nurse by necessity. Nothing stops this child. Our life may look normal from the outside looking in, however it is far from it on the inside looking out. I love our life though. Some things I would most definitely change, most things I wouldn't.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Praying for Guidance

Daniel and I head up the college ministry at Life church and we LOVE it! We started exchanging prayer request within the group every week. We write down our prayer request, our name and how we would like to be contacted so the person who draws your name can send you words of encouragement through out the week. I have been amazed at how the Lord has worked in my life since we started this. The first week I had been struggling with my purpose outside of being a wife and a mom. When the boys started school I went through an identity crisis! I had been home for 5 years with my boys and know I was alone. You would think I would have jumped for joy however I was lost. I needed something to occupy me like they had. I felt I could be doing something with the time I had while the boys were at school. I had taken the first month after school started for a time of much needed relaxation. I felt that time was up so I asked my prayer partner to help me pray about this. I had the boys birthday party that weekend and I made their cupcakes (with the help of my sisters). Then I made some for Clay's class. I have always loved baking. I never thought about doing this on the side to make some money. I felt maybe I could do cupcakes for party's, holidays, family gatherings and so on. I decided to make some to send to the Salon my sisters work at to just give out to their clients and to my surprise they were a hit. I got 4 orders that day! Since then I have received several more orders! It is neat that all I needed to do was ask the Lord what He wanted me to do. I had been worrying about my time and our money and not seeking direction from the Lord in this matter. He had it all planned out. I just needed to ask. The bible does say in Luke 11:9 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find' knock and the door will be opened to you" So what are you needing? Just ask the Father and be amazed at His great love for you!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy I can see why you got four orders in one day! Oh and the angry bird party and cupcakes looked so adorable.... You should totally blog that party idea ;)

    ReplyDelete